Sunday, March 13, 2011

Blooming

Spring time is officially made it's way to our house. Everything seems to be in full bloom: the daffodils, Easter, the nursery, and most of all, me.



Whenever I might get a little nervous because I think my belly button can't possibly stretch any tighter, I go in here:



Mom finished the bumper pad and it looks so great. I love everything about it. She has been busy trying to keep up with all of my ideas and fabric-buying. I don't know what I would do without her. She seems to have an amazing ability to read minds and create beautiful tangible items out of vague descriptions.


Co-Grandmother is no slouch herself. Enormous Fed-Ex boxes arrive at our house full of beautifully wrapped boutique items on a regular basis. It's like a mini-baby shower for just my husband and me. I don't deserve it. I am amazed by her generosity and good taste. She has been a great teacher of all things fine.


Close girlfriends constantly call to check on me and seem to be as excited about this baby as I am. Even the guy-friends of ours feel a certain responsibility and affinity to this little addition to our circle.

As the sun filters in this room, I reflect on how blessed I am. Who knew that someone whom I haven't even met yet can make you appreciate the people who have been there all along.?


Have a great Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment