Thursday, March 24, 2011

nursery painting: sneak peek

Oh. My. Gosh. This is taking forever, but it is SO worth it. I love it so far!

First, we cleared the room and painted all of the grooves of the paneling antique white...

Then, we went in with Pottery Barn Wedgewood Gray and painted some of the large panels that color, and some of the others the orginal Traditional Tan...

Then, some of the others were painted Antique White. There was no definite pattern. Just as long as two of the same colors didn't end up next to each other. I didn't want it to be a repeated pattern. I was afraid it might look like an American flag or something. I love the randomness of it. And it seems more artsy and creative.

We still have one half of a wall to do. But so far, I love the vintage, graphic feel of it. The color combination is very classic, and with the buffalo check drapes it seems to be from another era. I like that.

More to come later this weekend! Enjoy this beautiful day!

1 comment:

  1. those stripes are amazing! great job : )
    Thanks for the basket offer - as of now, $50 is even beyond my budget (we are pinching those pennies these days!) otherwise I would have snatched it up from you!!
    Thanks for reading - loving seeing bits of your home on your blog!

    ReplyDelete